Wonders of Watersheds!
The RCDSMM is proud to partner with the California Conservation Corps and AmeriCorps to host a Watershed Stewards Program Member every year. While serving with the RCD, this highly qualified member is able to offer a six-part watershed science based curriculum to any Title 1 school for free!
Each of these one-hour programs have a special theme with an emphasis on kinesthetic activities to engage your students and get them moving
Learning levels: Appropriate for grades K-8.
Each in-classroom program can be customized to your class’ specific learning goals but content will include the following topics:
- Students learn about what an organism’s habitat is comprised of.
- Students learn about a variety of watershed-science based topics including the water cycle, stormwater pollution, water conservation, and climate change.
- Students learn about the important role marcoinvertebrates play in measuring the health of our local creeks.
- Students learn about fish anatomy through a salmonid dissection.
- Students learn about how they can positively contribute to the climate through conservation and actionable change.
This program is offered to Title 1 schools at no cost but due to time restirctions our WSP Member can only work with 1-2 classrooms a year. For specifics on scheduling additional in-classroom programs at a cost please contact our Education Coordinator.