Advanced Outdoor Field Programs
Outdoor science research and environmental monitoring field programs connect students to nature reserves and wilderness areas throughout Los Angeles. Click here for a Printable Brochure describing each program we offer.
- Collecting real scientific data
- Common Core, NGS, and AP Environmental Science Standards
- Placed based ecology, focused on connections between Santa Monica Mountain ecosystems to the global environment
- Available at 5 locations
- Focused on 11 research projects, but are flexible in format and can be suited to fulfil class requirements
- Open to K-12 grades, AP classes, as well as adult learners.
Handouts detailing the field study element of your choice, including background information and data sheets are provided to teachers and students beforehand so that they can be prepared for the field event. Each program is approximately 2-4 hours and includes an overall introduction to field/conservation biology, completion of one or two research elements, and a brief discussion of the results. If there is a specific area of study that interests you, which is not described, please let us know; we are happy to accommodate your needs.