The Education Department is pleased to announce the continuation of the Havasi Grants Program for school year 2016-17.
This program provides funding for curriculum-based outdoor education at Malibu Lagoon State Beach and Topanga State Park.
While funding is available, grants will cover the cost of program fees, and be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis according to the following guidelines:
- Public schools in need of assistance
- Priority to schools which missed assistance in previous year
- Up to two grants per school per site
Please note: transportation is not covered. Schools are responsible for providing their own transportation.
How to apply:
1) Find an available date on the Education Calendar.
2) Fill out the Program Reservation Form.
3) Use the “Program Notes” window at the bottom of this form to indicate that your school is in need of this assistance and you wish to be considered.
Your reservation will be processed according to calendar and funding availability, and confirmed via email. Once you receive confirmation, please remember to schedule transportation for your field day as soon as possible.
Now in its sixth year of operation, this program has benefited thousands of students and is made possible by generous support from the Havasi Wilderness Foundation.